Back to Nature, Into the Future
Relax your mind and turn on your inner intelligence . . .
Explore parks & gardens in Marin . . .
Develop your leadership abilities . . .
The Teen Environmental Leadership Academy (TELA) is a 2-week summer program offered especially for teens from the Canal neighborhood: Monday-Friday, July 9-20, 9:00 am to 3:30 pm.
- Field trips
- Speaker training and presentation opportunities
- Daily mindfulness — yoga, tai chi, conscious breathing, & pure awareness
Skills you will learn
- Names of over two dozen plants and animals native to Marin
- Basic care for vegetable gardens
- Healthy alternatives to plastic pollution
- The 2-minute speech to inspire action
- Techniques for relaxing and recharging mind and body
You are invited!
ORIENTATION NIGHT: Monday, June 11, 6:30-8:00 pm. Hear from the program directors and past participants. Slide show, conversation, and light organic snacks.
For more information or to register for Orientation Night, write to Stuart Moody (email@example.com) or call Maite Duran (415) 883-7736. Visit our web page, too: https://greensangha.org/teen-environmental-leadership-academy/.